General information on operation of radio electronic appliances (REAs) during WorldSkills Kazan 2019
Legal basis for the use of radio equipment (hereinafter referred to as ‘REAs’) in the territory of the Russian Federation is established by the Law of the Russian Federation and normative legal acts on communications. According to the p.1 of the Article 24 of the Federal Law dated July 7, 2003 No 126-FZ On Communications, the right to use the radio frequency spectrum is provided by the elimination and assignment of radio channels and assignment of radio channels.
Usage of radio frequency spectrum is not allowed without a required permit.
In cooperation with the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (ROSKOMNADZOR) and under corresponding joint agreements and adopted documents, ANO Directorate for Sports and Social Projects manages the radio frequency spectrum and radio equipment in the build-up to and during WorldSkills Kazan 2019 (hereinafter referred to as ‘Competition’).
To get admission to Competition venues, each user of radio equipment, with exception of REAs specified in the list of REAs operated without restrictions (hereinafter referred to as ‘List’), must obtain a permission to use radio frequencies or radio frequency channels (RFA) for REAs for civil use, and certificates of registration.
During the events, ROSKOMNADZOR will control the use of frequencies at Competition venues and track the use of unauthorized radio equipment.
All REAs used at the Kazan Expo and Ceremony Venue on 22-27 August 2019 must be tagged. The tag is the basis for the admission of REAs to the Competition venues.
Identification Tag is a paper-based sticker on REAs which shows that there are different REA usage conditions (restrictions).
Users that have received the REAs in accordance with the established procedure should apply to the testing and marking station. Use of REAs without an appropriate identification tag is not allowed at the Competition Venues, including Kazan Expo and Ceremony Venue.
Working hours and location of stationary and mobile research laboratories will be fixed later. This information will be published on the official website of the Competition.
For measurement of technical parameters and identification tag, users of radio frequency channels shall provide the information on their number and date, and REAs related to them.
If the technical parameters of REAs correspond with those specified in the RFA, the REAs obtain an identification tag with an appropriate level of access.
Users undergoing the tagging procedure for REAs shall, upon request:
- provide the general information on the characteristics, purpose and conditions of use of REAs;
- provide the REAs for the measurement of their actual parameters;
- turn on/off, change the operating modes of the REAs in order to carry out measurements or promptly prevent jamming effects.
Received identification tags shall be kept in good condition during the whole period of operation of the REAs in the course of preparation for the Competition. For the benefit of the preparation for the Competition, follow the above-mentioned instructions to get a permit for carrying and using REAs at the Competition.
To obtain permission to use radio frequencies, you need to apply for the use of REAs.
Please, be aware that your requests for the use of radio frequencies should be sent till 20 April 2019. Otherwise, conveyance and use of the REAs in the territory of the Russian Federation will be forbidden.
The list of REAs includes a wide range of wireless all-purpose devices the main types of which are given in the table below.
In accordance with the Procedure of Examination for Possibility to Use Declared Radio Electronic Appliances and Their Electromagnetic Compatibility with Active and Planned Radio Electronic Appliances, Considering Materials and Taking Decisions on Assignment of Radio Frequencies and Radio Frequency Channels within Allocated Radio Frequency Bands, approved by the decision of the State Commission of Radio Frequencies dated 7 November 2016 No 16-39-01 for the REAs for the following services:
- Portable radio stations;
- Land mobile radio systems;
- Business band-limited communication systems;
- Business broadband communication systems;
- Wireless microphones;
- Cordless cameras;
- Band-limited telemetry & telecommand systems;
- Broadband telemetry & telecommand systems;
- Microwave communication mobile systems;
- Point-to-point network mapping wireless access systems;
- Microwave communication fixed systems;
- REA technologies of IEEE 802.11 standard stationary land satellite communication systems;
- Portable television land satellite communication systems.
List of REAs operated without restrictions:
- Subscriber devices (USB modems) of wireless access using GSM, IMT-MC, UMTS, Wi-Fi, WiMax, and LTE radio technologies, including built-in devices or those incorporated into other subscriber devices;
- Subscriber mobile phones of GSM, IMT-MC, UMTS, and LTE standards, including built-in devices or those incorporated into other subscriber devices;
- “INMARSAT”, “Globalstar”, “Turaya”, and “Iridium” mobile satellite communication subscriber earth stations;
- Car alarm radio remote control transmitters;
- REAs supporting Bluetooth, including built-in devices or those incorporated into other devices;
- REAs for detection and rescue of victims of natural disasters;
- End-user receiving devices of GPS / GLONASS navigation satellite systems, including built-in devices or those incorporated into other devices;
- Medical implants and other medical products implanted in the human body;
- Hearing radio simulators for hearing-impaired people;
- Short-range devices for timekeeping systems.